My ear candles finally arrived um so excited to try them out, as some of you know that im studying ear candling and loving it. For those of you that dont know i will tell you what ear candling is
Ear candling, or “coning,” is an alternative remedy that some people use to draw out impurities and wax from the inner ear.
Ear candles are typically about 10 inches long, hollow, and tapered. A person lights them at their widest end.
They are usually made of fabric soaked in wax or a mixture of substances, often paraffin and beeswax.
To perform ear candling, a person will lie on their side and insert a candle into the ear. Usually, a square or circle made of paper, tin foil, or plastic acts as a cover to prevent hot wax from dripping onto the face, neck, or hair.
Once the candle and covering are secure, a person will light the candle for 10–20 minutes. Wax does not go into the ear during this process.
Other names for ear candling include:
- ear or auricular coning
- thermal- or thermo-auricular therapy
- candle or coning therapy
Some of the other proposed benefits of ear candling include:
- removing wax, bacteria, and other debris from the ear canal
- treating sinus infections
- improving hearing or reversing hearing loss
- relieving sore throats
- treating colds and flus
- relieving headaches and migraines
- improving mental clarity
- purifying the blood
- improving lymphatic circulation
- clearing the eyes and improving vision
- reducing pain related to jaw aches and temporomandibular disorders
- reducing tension and stress
- reducing vertigo
Ear candle makers and supporters claim that the lit candle creates enough warmth to generate suction. This suction pulls impurities and wax out of the ear canal.
They havent been scientifically proven to work, and if done incorrectly they can damage the ear drum. So i wont be practicing at home just yet