Keep these nutty chicken satay strips in the fridge for a healthy choice when you’re peckish. The chicken is served with cucumber and sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp chunky peanut butter (without palm oil or sugar)
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp Madras curry powder
- few shakes soy sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 skinless, chicken breast fillets (about 300g) cut into thick strips
- about 10cm cucumber, cut into fingers
- sweet chilli sauce to serve
- Heat oven to 200C, 180C fan, gas 4 and line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Mix the peanut butter with the garlic, curry powder, soy sauce and lime in a bowl. Some nut butters are thicker than others, so if necessary, add a dash of boiling water to get a coating consistency. Add the chicken strips, mix well then arrange on the baking sheet, spaced apart, and bake in the oven for 8-10 mins until cooked, but still juicy.
- Eat warm with the cucumber sticks and chilli sauce, or leave to cool then keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.